- SOLD, DECEASED OR NO LONGER BREEDING
- Bossa Nova
- Blue Moon Missy
- Harvest Moon
- lady of the lake
- little live wire
- Miss Caprice
- Natural Pearl
- Perpetuum Mobile
- Pretty Babe
- Queen Latifah
- Sings Like a Bird
- Special Diva
- Star Burst
- Stylish Blue
- Taylor Made
- For Sale
A lot has been written about parasites of all sorts, and more will be written for sure. Some of the more common ones are described below. Let me tell you that we have never subscribed to “old wives tales” or “home” remedies.
- Fleas and Ticks: Use Frontline. Works really, really well.
- Bedding/Housing: Keep bedding and housing clean. Do a complete clean up regularly.
- Mange: There are two types of mange, both can be treated with Ivermectin. Speak to your vet about the regimen. Red mange seems to be more prevalent in the more southern parts of the continent, probably due to the hot and humid weather. We've had a case only one time, and treated it for four weeks, 1x per week, Ivermectin.
Hook, Round and Whip Worms
These are the most common and can be treated successfully with:
- Pyrantel Solution: 2x – 10 days apart.
- Safeguard (Panacur): 3 days in a row in the feed, based on the weight of the dog. Will help with some of tapeworms also.
- Drontal Plus: 2x – 10 days apart. This is Pyrantel with droncit (see below).
There are various types of tapeworm, some are more difficult to get rid off than others. In our own experience, the type the dogs get from eating deer poop seem to be the hardiest (they are also pinkish in appearance and smaller than other types).
- Droncit: Comes as a tablet. Given based on weight, preferably on an empty stomach. Works best on the deer poop tapeworms, described above.
- Safeguard: See above.
Please read this article for information relating to the treatment and prevention of Heartworm (originally appeared in the April 2010 issue of Dogs in Canada).
First of all, no matter what is wrong with the ears in the end, usually the dogs have extreme discomfort. They tend to scratch and shake their heads especially when they eat. It hurts and bothers them a lot at that time.
A lot of folks think as soon as they see a discharge in their dogs' ears that the dog has earmites. If truth be told, more often than not it isn't earmites. Earmites you can tell if the discharge is very, very dark in colour. Get an earwash and earmite meds from your vet. The meds usually work both for mites and for yeast infection, and are not very expensive.
This is usually characterized by an odor coming from the ear, and the discharges' colour is more brown than black. Again, earwash and meds, see above. Should it persist, the dog may have to change its food regimen. It seems some dogs have allergies to certain foods, and it shows through yeast infections.
pups for sale
We do not always have pups for sale, particularly not during our Winter months. Here in Manitoba, it is not unusual to have temperatures 40 below (Fahrenheit and Celsius) for 2-3 week stretches. Our pups are mostly ready to go to their new environments starting in the Spring, through till about July.view
adults for sale
We have decided to part with some of our outstanding females at this time. Whether you are looking for a good gundog or trial dog, contact us. We will try our best to find you a female that will suit your particular circumstance. Some running, younger dogs may also become available.view
Cally, Ranger and Trapper
Mar 2012 (photo left)
I just wanted to say thank you, and wanted to let you know that all three pups are doing great. I am very pleased with Ranger he has become my best friend in the woods and at home.
Mar 2012 (photo right)
Hi Frieda, Here is a picture of Mo and Tuxley curled up together on the couch.read more testimonials